Wednesday, September 13, 2006

we're going on a bear hunt...


We're going on a bear hunt
We're going to catch a big one

What a beautiful day!
I'm not scared

Uh-oh, grass!
Long, wavy grass!
We can't go over it

We can't go under it

Oh no!
We've got to go through it!

-- From We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen
This has been my life recently. Not literally - there aren't many bears in Brunswick, so it'd be a pretty fruitless search anyway. I mean just looking at the next week, or day, or month and thinking "Uh-oh, look at everything I have to do! I have no energy to do it, I'm not going to make it!"

So reading this book to Chelsea has been a great reminder to me: I can't go over it, I can't go under it...so I might as well just go through it. And you do get through it, of course. But sometimes you have to steel yourself.

No comments: